Leadership Formation Partners (LFP) provides a variety of ministry formation opportunities to expand an organization’s ability to integrate mission and values with all aspects of organizational life. Governance: Day by Day builds the competence and confidence of those who serve in governance to integrate mission and values and introduces moral decision making. The process integrates discernment, Catholic Social Teaching, Tradition, and Scripture.
The program includes time for personal and communal reflection on content, case studies and current strategic decisions; community building; and greater connection with mission and values. This results in greater connection with purpose, meaning, and satisfaction in the role of governance for board members.
Governance: Day by Day is a two-session offering for Boards of Trustees / Sponsors in local settings. Each session is six weeks in length with a four to six week break in between sessions. The organization invites all members of the Board of Trustees / Sponsors to join in this formation program. Reflective content is delivered to participant’s personal email each day, Monday – Friday, during the two sessions. Participants are expected spend ten minutes each day with the email content. There is an in-person component that occurs during each session. There is flexibility in scheduling these meetings with Board meetings. LFP works with the CEO to schedule the program in a way that fits with established board meetings. LFP provides orientation and training for facilitators before and during the sessions, agendas and facilitator notes, and an evaluation. Facilitators gain competence and confidence in leading formation programming.
Provide a formation opportunity to deepen board members understanding and integration of mission and values
- Deepens connection with the history and heritage of the founding sponsors as foundational to governing a mission based organization
- Explores vocation and deepens board members connection with the mission of the organization
- Expands board confidence and competence for the integration of mission and values and moral discernment and decision making
- Builds community among board members that supports and sustains mission
- Supports organizational commitment to formation for all levels of the organization
- Utilizes expert-developed content with the flexibility and cost-effectiveness of blended learning (in-person and web-based)
- Equips facilitators with an easy-to-use structure
Content and formation activities will explore principles, approaches, and processes core to the traditions that are foundational to Catholic ministry and decision making. There is a blend of content and reflective exercises woven throughout the two sessions. Assimilation of content will be conducted in conjunction with scheduled board meetings and decisions to be made by the Board of Trustees. Participants will be paired with a dialogue partner for conversation throughout the program. There is an orientation to begin the program that integrates with a scheduled Board meeting.
To learn more about our innovative and affordable Ministry Formation, contact us today!